Concert Play List - 2000 - Touring With Scissors
- The following occurred at the Friday, June 30, 2000 concert . . .
- The show took place outside at the partially-covered Meadowbrook Music Festival.
- While driving up the driveway, a man going the other we flagged me and my friend down and said that he was just dropping his kids off and that he had this VIP Parking pass he wasn't going to use and would we like it? So, thus, we got free parking.
- While walking around the area and seeing if there were any shirts I hadn't yet purchased from this tour, I came across the Al-garb vendors. I realized I already had every shirt from the four previous concerts I'd been at and said something to that effect to the ladies selling the merchandise. A gentleman next to me said that I must be a pretty big fan. I said that I was and even ran an Al site linked to from www.weirdal.com. He asked which one and I told hium it was the XVR27 site. He said, "Well, that's great. It's nice to meet you; I'm Al's manager, Jay Levey." I shook his hand and we chatted for a few minutes before he had to leave for the start of the show. He was a really cool guy - very nice and personable. I saw him walk on stage, and then backstage, a few minutes later.
If you have any e-mail regarding the "Weird Al" Yankovic portion of Hotel XVR27, send it to either . . . .
PLEASE NOTE : I am NOT "Weird Al" Yankovic, though I wouldn't complain if I were.
to return to the "Weird Al" Yankovic Tours list.
- E-mail is temporarily disabled.
to return to the "Weird Al" Yankovic site main page.
to return to the Hotel XVR27's Music Floor.