XVR27's Whose Improv Is It Anyway? Page - News Report
Whose Improv Is It Anyway? : On-The-Spot Satire
Game Description : News Report
Game Title : News Report
Game Category : Situational
Number Of People : 3 (3 actors)
Difficulty Rating : *** (Average - Prior Knowledge)
Time Estimate : 4 minutes
Items Necessary : None
Prompts Needed : Scenario (1)
- A fairy tale, nursery rhyme, or famous circumstance/incident in history is selected as the scenario prompt.
- One actor plays the news anchor in the studio, one plays the field interviewer, and the third plays every character being interviewed (usually 2 or 3 different characters).
- The anchor begins by bringing the viewers up to date on what's going on in their own words.
- The anchor then passes the story off to the interviewer.
- The interviewer introduces the first character being interviewed by name and occupation.
- (Interviewed characters can be directly from the story, related to those characters, or "experts" on what's going on.)
- The interviewer asks a question or two to the interviewee, then sends the audience back to the anchor.
- The anchor gives his reaction, then brings the audience back to the interviewer for a new interview subject.
- Repeat the process until two or three interviews have been completed
- Set a time limit for each interview, increase the number of interview subjects, have a special guest interview subject available "via satellite" to be interviewed by the anchor, or select a current event in the news and reveal the future ending of the situation.
If you'd like to contact this website:
PLEASE NOTE : This site is NOT officially affiliated with either "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" series.
to return to the Improv Situational Game List.
to return to the Improv Style Category List.
to return to the Improv Game Complexity List.
to return to the Improv Alphabetical Game List.
to return to the Improv Main Site.
to return to the Hotel XVR27's Humor Floor.