XVR27's Whose Improv Is It Anyway? Page - Show-Stopping Changes
Whose Improv Is It Anyway? : On-The-Spot Satire
Game Description : Show-Stopping Changes
Game Title : Show-Stopping Changes
Game Category : Introductory
- Game Author : Russell Weiser
Number Of People : 4 (3 actors and 1 moderator)
Difficulty Rating : ~ (Introductory)
Time Estimate : 4 minutes
Items Necessary : None
Prompts Needed : Scenario (1), Written (3)
- The moderator should have 3 written prompts prepared ahead of time.
- The written prompts should be ways to change how the actors act out the scenario...
- One possibility is a change to the way an actor moves (crab-walking, walking backward, etc.)
- One possibility is a change to the way an actor talks (accents, yell/whisper, etc.)
- One possibility is a change to the way an actor uses items (flipping on/off lights, etc.)
- One possibility is to assign a character prompt to an actor
- The actors should not know aheat of time what the written prompts are
- The game begins with only 2 of the actors acting out the scenario.
- At some point, the moderator buzzes (or yells out "Now") and then announces what the "show-stopping change" is for that actor.
- The actor must act out the rest of the game with that change.
- The same is done for the second actor, (30 seconds to 1 minuit later).
- After the second actor begins their change, the third actor joins in.
- The third actor knows that the other two are not acting normally and makes fun of them for it.
- Then the third actor receives their show-stopping change.
- The first two actors then make fun of the third actor's show-stopping change.
- The game is concluded about 30 seconds to 1 minute after the third actor receives their show-stopping change.
- Adjust the amount of time in between when the actors receive their changes, give each actor more than one change, or change the number of actors and/or moderators.
If you'd like to contact this website:
PLEASE NOTE : This site is NOT officially affiliated with either "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" series.
to return to the Improv Introductory Game List.
to return to the Improv Style Category List.
to return to the Improv Game Complexity List.
to return to the Improv Alphabetical Game List.
to return to the Improv Main Site.
to return to the Hotel XVR27's Humor Floor.